USB CD Burners?

Tom Wittbrodt tomwitt2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 10:29:01 EDT 2005

I tried one of those IDE to USB 2.0 external enclosure kits (converts
IDE to USB 2.0/IEEE 1394; this kit would house 5.25" devices) with an
internal Sony DVD burner with mixed results.  It worked well to burn a
few DVDs but it also made more than it's fare share of coasters.  I
stopped having faith in it after awhile and it sits gathering dust in
a corner right now.

Although, I'm beginning to believe it could've been just a bad
enclosure kit.  In an identical USB 2.0 external enclosure kit I put
in an IDE mobile rack which has been working flawlessly.

Does anyone else have experience with USB 2.0  to IDE enclosure kits
with DVD burners?

-- Tom