sendmail SMARTHOST

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Apr 14 14:15:01 EDT 2005

On Apr 14, 2005, at 08:45, Larry Cook wrote:

> And it appears that email from *root* is not considered legitimate by
> some ISPs.

At one place I used to work we got a new user named Lynne Root one day.
  All hell broke loose on the e-mail system and a befuddled new user
started getting all kinds of system logs.

Moral of the story: there are plenty of lazy and or inept mail admins
on this Internet of ours and you're going to get blamed when mail
doesn't get accepted by their system. :P

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html