Computer Upgrade Question

Thomas M. Albright talbright at albrightent.com
Thu Apr 21 18:27:00 EDT 2005

OK, I bought a new computer. However, rather than
redownload/reinstall/reconfigure everything I just moved in my old
harddrive. here's where it grows curiouser and curiouser. Th new
computer has a SATA harddrive I want to keep for data storage, etc. It's
currently the primary hard drive at SATA1, the CDROM at IDE1. I moved
the new drive to SATA2, switched the CDROM to IDE2, and plugged my old
harddive in at IDE1.

Now, before I plug-in and turn-on this system, will my movements work?
Will my old harddrive be the new primary harddrive, or will it cause all
kinds of horrible problems?

Thanks for any insight.

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 Ships that pass in the night and speak each other in passing;