Zone file question

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Wed Apr 27 14:36:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 02:06:00PM -0400, Travis Roy wrote:
> This is from a windows server and I've scrubbed it of customer data, but
> is it just me or is this zone file really screwed up:

Aside from the fact that it has no $TTL declaration (prolly cuz it's
Windows), and the fact that it has CNAME rr's (I hate CNAMEs), it
looks fine to me...

What makes you think it's screwed up?

Actually the record for "webserver." seems like it prolly shouldn't be
here (since this file seems unlikely to be for the  the "webserver."
zone), but there's nothing really wrong with it, per se, AFAIK.  I
guess that could be a Windows-ism.  I believe BIND would just ignore
this record...

There seems to be a small error with the SOA record too, but an
inconsequentioal one.  The "client.com" is supposed to be the person
responsible for managing the webserver, where the first dot should be
replaced by an @ to get the e-mail address.  That'd give us
client at com, which obviously is useless.

-=-=-=-=-