Earthlink Cable

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Fri Aug 12 19:30:00 EDT 2005

> It so happens that Verizon will sell
> you DSL in my neighborhood for $30/month but of course the assumption is
> that you have a POTS line and that tends to run up to $50/month. Since
> Comcast was running at least 3 times faster than DSL (I'm about 8,500'
> from the DCO), I stuck with Comcast. I also use Vonage for all my
> in-house calling and that runs around $25/month but is basically
> unlimited for the US and Canada. I have relatives in Canada so being
> able to dial Canada and have an unlimited calling plan is nice. It's
> also nice to be able to call anyone in the US and not pay per minute too...

I have MV DSL now. Most DSL now is ADSL requiring a POTS line, even when
going with a non-verizon provider.

I pay $45/month for DSL and $14 for "life line" phone service that's
limited local with nothing added, but I do get free incoming calls.

I get 3meg service and I could get up to 8meg if I was willing to pay
enough. I'm less then a block from the CO currently.

I use my cell phone for 99.9% of my calling needs. In fact I don't plan
on having phone service at all at my new house, not even VoIP.