DNS Question

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Aug 18 11:18:00 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 13:13 -0400, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> an aside: OMFG, you're not using GoDaddy for your business account, are
> you?  There are plenty of competent Registrars.  Someone here works for
> DynDNS which I've been using for my recent registrations.  If you can
> get someone at GoDaddy on the phone who knows how to deal with host
> records in a reasonable amount of time without battling four levels of
> script-kiddies I'll retract this comment.

Well, I'm afraid you may just have to follow through with your
retraction.

I did not call them, but instead opted to use their email support.  I
sent them a fairly concisely worded message that basically asked how to
update their "glue" records (thanks for the full tutorial Ben!) for my
dns servers.  They promised a response within 3 hours.

Not only did I get a response, but it was clear, concise, and
(shockingly) correct and helpful.  On the first try.  It gave me
instructions on how to do exactly what I needed, on my own.  I followed
the directions (which were very easy) and it solved the issue.

I have to admit, my first real experience with Go Daddy's tech support
has been positive.  8)

--
"If Al Gore invented the Internet, I invented spell check."
        -- Dan Quayle

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc