Laptop Suggestions

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Wed Aug 24 12:41:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 12:39 -0400, David Ecklein wrote:
> FWIW - A client brought in a Dell Inspiron 5160 that was hammered by a
> virus - I cleared the HD, loaded only her WinXP and Norton Internet
> Security - nothing else.  This 2.8Gb-P4-256MB doorstop ran like a snail!  I
> was embarrassed to charge for "fixing" it (but did anyhow - it was time
> consuming).  Maybe it would have done better with Linux, couldn't be much
> worse unless it stopped completely.
>
> Probably depends more on the model of Dell, and less on how snappy a cpu
> they stick in it.  Maybe stay away from anything "Inspiron"?

In defense of the inspiron name, I've had an 8100 for about 4 years that
I've been reasonably happy with...

Dell financial services ... well, that's another matter entirely.

--
Computers are like air conditioners:
They stop working properly when you open windows.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com