call to arms

Ed Lawson elawson at laconialaw.com
Mon Dec 5 16:09:01 EST 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:29:19 -0500
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:

> Have you looked at the KDE accessability options.

No, I am just familiar with Gnome as I use it.

> Additionally, have you looked at the BLINUX project.

Lynx is also heavily used I understand.

> Also, I notice that when booting SuSE it looks for a braille
keyboard.

Let me be more specific or precise.  While there are  tools
in Linux for making programs accessible, some drivers are around,
and some programs are useful to or developed for people with
disabilities, there remains much to e done before FOSS overall
has the depth of support for various accessibility hardware and
accessibility features that currently exist in the proprietary
world.

Ed Lawson