Automating DNS/DHCP [ was Re: MAC addresses, hostnames, and DHCP ]

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:16:01 EST 2005

On 12/8/05, Tom Buskey <tom at buskey.name> wrote:
>  djbdns doesn't have to be restarted either.

  Reasonably recent BIND versions don''t, either.

rndc reconfig -- re-read config file and load new zones
rndc reload -- re-read config file, then scan all zone files and
reload changed files
rndc reload $ZONE -- re-load the specified zone

  BIND continues to be updated and improved over time.  :)

> And no serial numbers.  Just update the text file and it's updated

  I'm curious; how does djbdns track the serial number, then?

-- Ben "We already know I don't like DJB" Scott