Any Opinions on SuSE 10.0 vs other Distros

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Wed Dec 21 09:26:00 EST 2005

 > >     I have been choosing SuSE because I like KDE.  The desktop makes
 > > sense to me, and it runs all my business applications without a fuss.
 > Didn't SuSE recently decide to switch to GNOME as the default desktop
 > (although continuing to package KDE RPMs and such)?

   That's what I was thinking.

   Jim didn't mention the purpose of this machine (at least I don't think so),
but one suggestion that may work nicely is Kubuntu <http://www.kubuntu.org/>.
It defaults to KDE, is well supported, and from a cursory view, it seems to
be gaining an increasing amount of popularity as opposed the GNOME-based
Ubuntu.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
Fast fact: More money is spent by the U.S. gov't on nuclear weaponry in one
year than was spent on housing from 1980-1992.