Any Opinions on SuSE 10.0 vs other Distros

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Wed Dec 21 09:42:00 EST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 06:54 am, Bob Bell wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 04:59:56PM -0500, Jim Kuzdrall wrote:
> >     I have been choosing SuSE because I like KDE.  The desktop
> > makes sense to me, and it runs all my business applications without
> > a fuss.
>
> Didn't SuSE recently decide to switch to GNOME as the default desktop
> (although continuing to package KDE RPMs and such)?

    Unfortunately, yes.  I froze my Windows software at Win-98, and I
may have to do something similar with Linux.

    I don't have time to keep fiddling with ever-changing installation
procedures and user interface changes.  I want to make money by running
my business applications on the computer, not play with it like a toy.

   I have compiled KDE from source, which may be my only option in the
future.  Who is championing KDE at the moment?  I gave up on Red Hat
when they went to Blue Curve or whatever.

Jim Kuzdrall