Subversion

Greg Rundlett greg at freephile.com
Sun Feb 6 22:57:00 EST 2005

Fred wrote:

> [snip]

>understand converting from CVS to Subversion can be a bit tricky,
>especially if you have forks in the development tree.

Just updating my Debian box, and saw that there is a package called
cvs2svn that helps you convert a CVS repository over to Subversion.  The
project is actually hosted on tigris.org.  It's a Python script.
http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/

[quote]
Convert a cvs repository to a subversion repository
Converts a CVS repository (including its branches and tags) to a
Subversion repository. It is designed for one-time conversions, not for
repeated synchronizations between CVS and Subversion.
[/quote]

--
Greg Rundlett
www.rundlett.com

randomly selected fortune:

A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and
making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually
die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
		-- Max Planck