new member looking forward

James Orman semiconductorbreakfast at verizon.net
Mon Feb 21 17:24:00 EST 2005

Hello,
	I live in Nashua and was wondering when the next meetings will happen?
Other than that I have Fedora Core 1 running and am still configuring
the rest of the hardware. If anyone has a clue as to why I would be
having "permission denied" even while logged in as root would be
helpful. It had occurred to me while trying to install my video card
modules manually. Heres an idea of the manual install
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4484.html

I had tried the normal installation
here   http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/linuxhowto-ati.html

 but fglrxconfig didn't return "OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies
Inc.". Rather, it returned Mesa 3d. and when I tried to run an OpenGL
application, it lagged a lot more than the original default settings
that Fedora had set for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
	James Orman,