Linux fan from Manchester seeks advice

Larry Cook lcook at sybase.com
Mon Feb 21 14:01:01 EST 2005

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the list.

paul.cour1 at verizon.net wrote:
> http://www.nhjobslist.com/

I agree with Paul.  Get on the NHJobsList email list ASAP.  Also look through
their archive, since I'm sure some of those jobs are still open.  And you'll
also be able to learn which companies use *nix.

>>what kind of position I should try for.

In addition to SysAdmin, I would recommend considering QA or testing.  It fits
many of the things you enjoy.  Also, since you are doing support now, the
easiest move might be to the support organization of a company that has a *nix
based product.

Good luck,
Larry