Ubuntu Linux experiences?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Wed Jan 5 15:30:01 EST 2005

Yah, that's the main problem I see with this.

People bitch about RPM dependancy/conflict hell, but when you stay with
the right distro and the correct version you rarely see it.

It's when you start using Mandrake rpms on a Fedora box or something
like that when you really start to see problems.

Ubuntu is going to bring that into the Debian world.

Luckally you can use apt and as long as it's setup correctly you won't
run into that problem, but the same is true for apt-rpm too. :)