New magazine - LinuxFormat

James A. Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Thu Jan 6 19:17:00 EST 2005

Greetings:

    I have subscribed to Linux Format for several years now, and it is
my favorite.  I am relatively new to Linux, but not new to computers.
Since my modem contentedly hums along at 50-Kbaud, the DVD very
attractive.

    As opposed to the apparent focus of you folks, I am primarily
interested in engineering and business applications - "desktop" if you
like.  The magazine sorts through the many programs available and
directs me to what they consider of value.  They do a good job in a
difficult task.

    I compile KDE and OO to keep my Red Hat 7.3 and SuSE 8.2 up to date,
and haven't had problems with the DVD.

    If any other applications users are out there and interested, get
your subscription in promptly.  With the rapidly devaluing dollar, the
magazine may soon be priced out-of-range for Americans.

Jim Kuzdrall