Fedora Legacy

Jeffrey Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Sun Jan 9 15:12:00 EST 2005

I am sure most people know about this already but since I just recently
figured it out
I thought it was worth a post.

I have a Redhat 9 box I still run (family pictures, etc) that I really do
not want to take the time to
upgrade to fedora or something new.

The fedora legacy project provides a yum compatible RPM updates/patches site
for RH 9 and
higher (Higher being things liek FC1, FC2, etc).

It is really nice to just do a

yum update

to get your box updated with (most) of the latest security and other
patches.

http://fedoralegacy.org/

Took about 20 minutes to get box configured to use site (had to update RPM
and then manually
configure the yum package (supposedly a pre-configured yum install is due
soon).
(http://fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh9.php)

Also note that the have an apt style repository setup as well but I just
went with yum because I had
used it more recently.