Fedora Legacy

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Jan 10 10:51:01 EST 2005

On Jan 9, 2005, at 3:11 PM, Jeffrey Creem wrote:

> It is really nice to just do a
>
> yum update
>
> to get your box updated with (most) of the latest security and other
> patches.
>
> http://fedoralegacy.org/

What's even nicer is that you can then just swap in the proper yum.conf
files and upgrade to FC1 then FC2.  Even RH8 to RH9!  RedHat Enterprise
can't even do this.

I've brought a few clients current using this strategy and was able to
upgrade production servers in-place (not that I recommend it).  There's
a bit of rpm -erase'ing to do where packages were discontinued, but
it's feasible and actually works.

-Bill
-----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle