Ask GNHLUG

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Wed Jan 12 18:41:30 EST 2005

 > I have a laptop serving as firewall/router. The problem is that when I
 > shut the lid on the laptop, it goes to sleep and I can't connect to the
 > internet. How do I get it to stay awake when I shut the lid?

   What type of laptop is it?  A lot of laptops have settings to control such
things in their BIOS or via the power-savings features.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
"Look, the average American doesn't mind the Defense Department tracking their
credit card transactions, bank accounts, medical records, veterinary records,