The Daemon, The GNU, and the Penguin

Nolan, Catherine (PTG) Catherine.Nolan at awl.com
Thu Jul 21 15:05:01 EDT 2005

Hello:
I am an acquisitions editor for Addison Wesley / Prentice Hall PTR. My name
is Catherine Nolan.
As I currently watch this list - I'm reaching out to you guys first as part
of an informal customer study.

I am currently considering a book proposal entitled The Daemon, The GNU, and
The Penguin: A History of Free and Open Source by Peter H. Salus. This book
would be based upon the installments that are currently being published on
Groklaw. A full table of contents is available here:
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20050518234539953 and there are
currently 14 chapters/previews available.

1. Would you be interested in reading something like this.
2. If available in a printed form for purchase as well as a free online book
would you buy this?
3. How much would you pay for the printed information - although it was
freely available online.

If you feel like responding offline - that is absolutely fine.

Any and all responses are absolutely appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance...
Catherine

Catherine B. Nolan
Acquisitions Editor
Addison Wesley / Prentice Hall PTR
Pearson Technology Group

catherine.nolan at pearsoned.com

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.