cdrecord problems with CD-RW on FC3

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at iname.com
Wed Jun 15 21:43:00 EDT 2005

On Jun 15 at 9:25am, Larry Cook wrote:
> Any one else experience similar problems?  I'm wondering if it's the media,
> my hardware, or something with FC3.

   In addition to things others have mentioned...

   I can say that FC3 is quite capable of burning CDs on at least some hardware
without problem.  Indeed, with multiple writers running at once.  I did this
at Hosstraders just last month.  This is not to say that it can't have trouble
with some hardware.

   Media compatibility can be really picky with high-speed drives.  Most good
manufacturers publish a list of media they recommend for use with their
drives.  Sticking to it can help.  You may also find firmware updates which
improve drive compatibility/performance.  Again, check with the manufacturer.

   HTH,

--
Ben <dragonhawk at iname.com>