All TV is bad?

Tom Buskey tbuskey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 22:40:01 EDT 2005

On 6/18/05, Fred <puissante at biz.puissante.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 13:39 -0400, Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> > vi, php, qmail, Microsoft SQL Server, Debian, [Penguin, Debian, and
> > Apache] (Those are my cats...I'd rather watch them than anything on
> > TV.  I bought my current home in October, maybe one of these months
> > I'll plug the TV in for the first time.)
>
> Don't bother with the TV. You're not missing anything. Really.
>
> I turn my TV on every now and then just to remind myself what a waste of
> bandwidth it is. I mean, if you have hundreds of channels and still
> can't find anything to watch, that's saying a lot.

I can agree that watching TV is probably better for you, but nothing
on?  Well...

I like many of the history and science stuff that gets on PBS,
Discovery, History Channel, NGC.  There are HOWTO type things on the
Food Channel, HGTV and Discovery.  Not everything is on the internet.

As far as finding it, maybe it's timing.  That's easily solved with
(oblinux) Tivo or MythTV or one of the other DVR systems available.

--
The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but
have only one course of action.