Linux vs. BSD? - flame on! ;-)

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Sat Jun 18 08:40:01 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 13:39 -0400, Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> vi, php, qmail, Microsoft SQL Server, Debian, [Penguin, Debian, and
> Apache] (Those are my cats...I'd rather watch them than anything on
> TV.  I bought my current home in October, maybe one of these months
> I'll plug the TV in for the first time.)

Don't bother with the TV. You're not missing anything. Really.

I turn my TV on every now and then just to remind myself what a waste of
bandwidth it is. I mean, if you have hundreds of channels and still
can't find anything to watch, that's saying a lot.

My cable service serves only one purpose today: a high-speed connection
to the Internet. And on that they do surprisingly well these days. The
rest they can take and shove it.

-Fred