cd burning question

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at iname.com
Mon Jun 20 22:18:01 EDT 2005

On Jun 20 at 4:11pm, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> Oh, by the way, my Fedora Core 4 disks, even though they failed the
> media check, still installed fine on one of my test boxes.

   I expect you know this, but: Unless you install every package, it is likely
a bad disc will still "work".  Even then, there may be obscure failures that
don't matter for most cases.

> # nice -17 cdrecord -v -speed=16 -dev2,0,0 -data FC4-i386-disc1.iso

   You might try adding "-dao".  </voodoo>

   FYI: If run with root privs, cdrecord will automatically attempt to give
itself the highest possible priorities (including "real time" priorities
beyond standard Unix "nice" levels), so the "nice -17" is redundant.

--
Ben <dragonhawk at iname.com>