OOo Headers Question

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Thu Mar 3 17:06:01 EST 2005

    Each page has a page style assigned.  The default document assumes
the first page is a cover page, so it should have a different layout.

> I use OOo for 95% of my business word processing. One thing I just
> can't figure, though: how do I set it up so that page headers are the
> same on every page? Whenever I make a change to the page headers, I
> have to do it twice. (once for the first page, and again for all the
> rest.) While this behaviour would doubtless be useful in many
> circumstances, it isn't typically what I want, and so it annoys me. A
> minor thing, but if anyone knows the answer, I'd appreciate it.

    Activate the Stylist box.  Click on the 4th icon, page styles; there
should be at least 2.  Put the cursor in the first page of your
document and note which lights up.  Put the cursor in the second or
later page; some other one should light up.

    If you want to enter the header information only once, go to the
first page and double click the icon that formats the remaining pages.
After that, they should all be the same.  If you want it to come up
that way always, you can change the template document.

    I use 3 page styles: cover page with logo, etc; table of contents
page which does not say "Proprietary" in the header; and remaining text
pages which do optionally say Proprietary.

    Are you using custom Styles in your reports?  I use a set of 12
paragraph and heading styles which reproduce the action of troff macros
that evolved through years of use.

Jim Kuzdrall