Job @ Google

David J Berube djberube at berubeconsulting.com
Sat Mar 12 21:04:01 EST 2005

See below.

--

David Berube
Berube Consulting
djberube at berubeconsulting.com
(603)-485-9622
http://www.berubeconsulting.com/

*Company: Google     *

*Contact: Tod Vanlandingham*

*Email: todv at google.com <mailto:todv at google.com>  *

*Website: http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/eng/reli.html *

* *

*Job Title: *

* *

*Sr. Systems Administrator W/Software Engineer Background (Extensive
Unix/Linux System Administration, Scripting/Coding, and Networking
Experience) *

* *

*Company: Google *

* *

*Location: Either Mountain View, CA or Dublin, Ireland*

-We are looking for a detail-oriented systems professional, seasoned
Unix jockey, Internet services architect, database whiz, performance
analyst, or software engineer, at the top of their game.

-Can you help achieve increased Availability, Reliability, Uptime, and
Quality? (for our systems and services, naturally) Site Reliability

Engineers (SREs) are involved in all aspects of running our site, from
design to debug, from architecture to applications. Google SREs spend
their time troubleshooting problems in large-scale clustered application
service environments, and focus on making continual improvements to our
services.

-Looking for the next cool problem to solve, in a fast-paced and

Engineering-driven environment?

-Can you write a script or application that performs practically the
entire job you once held earlier in your career?

-Does your idea of a good time involve taking things apart just to see
how they work? Are you successful putting them back together when
you're done?

-This position requires a passion for problem solving, deep
understanding of networks, operating systems, multi-tiered Internet
services, and the ability to learn new applications and concepts
quickly. Strong scripting skills are essential.

-As an SRE, you will wear many hats: performance analyst, service

architect, system/database administrator, capacity planner, tools

developer, monitoring expert, and technical evangelist, for all
components of Google's Ads services.

I will take the guess work out of whether or not you are a fit!!!

If you can answer yes to all of the following questions, you are a

possible fit, so please apply!

1.    Do you have at least a BS or BA in computer science or a related

technical field?

2.    Do you have 3+ years of experience as a Unix/Linux Systems

Administrator or networking architecture experience?

3.    Do you have experience in a high-volume or critical production

service environment?

4.    Do you have experience in Python programming or Perl or scripting?

5.    Do you have experience with programming and troubleshooting skills

in C/C++ and or Java?

6.    Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?

7.    Have you been at a majority of your companies for at least 3 years

or more (this question does not apply to contractors)?

If you have answered yes to all of the above questions, please read on and

apply for this position!

Please be sure your resume clearly reflects the experience asked about
above.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of

your resume to : todv at google.com <mailto:todv at google.com>

Thank you,

Tod Vanlandingham
Google