OpenOffice/Impress -- how to import a template?

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Tue Mar 15 10:34:01 EST 2005

I'm trying to put together a presentation with Impress.  I decided to
check out one of the templates here:

  http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/simpress/

I can open the template in Impress and I guess I could make my slides.

However, this is a small nit:  how do I import this template into my
OO environment so that I always have it?

Manually copying the template file to ~/.openoffice/user/template/
doesn't make it appear when I want to create a new set of slides.

This:

  File -> Templates -> Organize
  ... Presentation Backgrounds -> Import Template

gives me a dialog that reads:

   Error copying template "file:///foo/template.sti".
   A template with this name may already exist

Has anybody had any luck importing templates into Impress?  If so,
what steps did you perform?

Thanks,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit