Tonight's MerriLUG meeting.

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Fri May 20 08:09:00 EDT 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 11:03 pm, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Just wanted to send out a quick note, thanking everyone who showed up
> for this evening's meeting.  James Turner, as previously mentioned,
> was on hand to give a wide-ranging talk about many topics, from the
> LinuxWorld/O'Gara debacle, to journalistic integrity, to licensing,
> and onward.  Lively discussion followed -- which made Ben's absence
> felt even moreso.  Regardless, thanks are due to James for making
> this evening an informative and enjoyable one -- fun was had by all.

    The meeting was indeed a delight.  James Turner's talk was
informative, well-delivered, and contemplative.

    In James' reference to the Linux-Intellectual Property connection,
the articles I mentioned can be found in "Technology Review" June 2005:
"The People Own Ideas!" by Lawrence Lessig P48, "The Creators Own
Ideas!" by Richard A. Epstein P58, and "How Linux Could Overthrow
Microsoft" by Charles Ferguson P64.

    For those who are not familiar with the magazine, Technology Review
is "MIT's Magazine of Innovation".  Significantly, it is aimed more at
managers and business executives than at technologist - and certainly
not at geeks.

Jim Kuzdrall