OT: CRAC

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Nov 4 02:01:01 EST 2005

[Labeling this OT since it only applies to a server environment, and
could even apply to other OS's, though "Why would you want to do
that?"]

So I learned a new acronym today: CRAC - Computer Room Air
Conditioning.  That's what all the trade rags are calling it though I
haven't encountered it before.

Now, the question: what really works?  Who's in a big colo that uses
passive cooling?  Who has a Liebert in a small computer room?  Who just
cut a hole in the wall and put in a $79 AC from the warehouse club?

Any horror or success stories to share?

-Bill
-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606