was Re: Alternative to k3b? now: DVD write is too slow

Mark Gelinas wanthred at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 14:19:00 EST 2005

Bruce,

On my system, the cdrdao message pane had a button to launch k3bsetup.
If you don't have this, run k3bsetup from the command line.  It will
prompt you for the root password, then launch a GUI to configure K3b.
The bottom section lists external programs it can use, including cdrdao
and cdrecord.  It will list current and recommended owner, group, and
permissions for each application.  Click on the 'Apply' button, and
they will be set to the recommended values. K3b will then be able to
use them without difficulty.

Mark