Domain Registrar Woes

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:35:01 EST 2005

On 11/16/05, Python <python at venix.com> wrote:
> The only postings now are from labrat reporting the same
> kind of problem and the aitsucks administrator fanning the flames.

  What?!?  We can't expect fair and balanced reporting from a site
with a name like "aitsucks.com"?  I'm shocked!  ;-)

  Seriously, I'm with everyone else in that it seems like the
registrar screwed up here, and doesn't want to admit it.  There's no
such thing as a *manual delete process"; it's a freaking computer, for
crying out loud.  It's automated by definition.  The fact that they
didn't intend to automate the screwing up part is irrelevant.

  ICANN has a procedure for dealing with problems with registrars.  It
ain't pretty or quick, but it's generally what you need to do in cases
like this.  There is info somewhere on the ICANN website.
http://www.icann.org

  FWIW, I've been using DomainMonger.com for years without complains.  :)

-- Ben "At least when NetSol ran everything, there was only one
incompetent domain name registry to hate" Scott