SOHO Backups?

aluminumsulfate at earthlink.net aluminumsulfate at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 18 00:03:00 EST 2005

> There is a little shop in Manchester that sells hot swap IDE
> drive holders and trays for very little.  They are plastic, but

I think I know the shop you mean... in basement of that mill building,
right?  I'd offer one caveat regarding buying there: the cooling fans
in those bays start to sing after about two months of use.  There's no
way I know of to either prolong their life or replace them.  So if you
don't feel like returning/exchanging your hot swap bays every two
months, you'll be investing in cardboard and rubber shims as well. :)

Dave

P.S.  Loose screws are a great way to make your computer run more
quietly!