Slapd pissed off.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at proximatech.net
Tue Nov 22 02:03:00 EST 2005

Hey, all.  Once upon a time, "my" company had some pretty substantial
layoffs.  I'm now getting around to purging -- instead of merely disabling
-- the old user accounts.  And LDAP isn't letting me.  Perhaps 90% delete
with no problem, but 10% just sneer at me, hanging my GUI tool, and also
hanging when I try to delete from the command line. A "strace" of the
pegged process shows a whole bunch of
sched_yield()      = 0
and a smattering of
kill(14218, SIGRTMIN)                   = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, NULL, [RTMIN], 8) = 0
rt_sigsuspend([] <unfinished ...>
--- SIGRTMIN (Unknown signal 32) @ 0 (0) ---
<... rt_sigsuspend resumed> )           = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system call)
sigreturn()                             = ? (mask now [RTMIN])

The slapd log shows pretty much nothing; I'll fire up better logging when
I can play w/restarting the daemon after work hours.

Right now, I'm assuming I should just delete the databases, and
re-populate from text-based backup.  Does this seem appropriate?  Or is
there some actual honest-to-goodness troubleshooting I might try?

Thanks,

-Ken

-Ken