Slapd pissed off.

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 12:58:38 EST 2005

"Ken D'Ambrosio" <ken at proximatech.net> writes:

> The slapd log shows pretty much nothing; I'll fire up better logging when
> I can play w/restarting the daemon after work hours.

What level of logging do you have set?  Have increased it appropriately?

> Right now, I'm assuming I should just delete the databases, and
> re-populate from text-based backup.  Does this seem appropriate?  Or is
> there some actual honest-to-goodness troubleshooting I might try?

Well, you could dump to an LDIF file, manually delete the records,
delete the db files, and reload from the edited LDIF file, but that
seems like a lot of work especially if you're going to have to do this
again the next time you need to modify the database.

I would try to determine the problem by increasing the logging first.
If that fails to illuminate what's going on, you might try deleting
the records using a different interface, perhaps using perl's
Net::LDAP interface so you can run in a debugger to see what's going
on...
--

Seeya,
Paul