where to buy a new system.

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 17:40:01 EST 2005

I've bought a lot of stuff online and almost never had
a problem.  Like Paul, I'm cheap^H^H^H^H^Hselective,
so I basically use pricewatch.com to find the lowest
prices for each of the desired components, purchasing
from multiple vendors and acting as my own System
Integrator.  Out of approx 25 purchases I had one
bad experience where I had to eat the $50 cost of a
DOA disk drive, but those are odds I can live with.

If you're not in a hurry you can wait around for
specials by monitoring places like slickdeals.net
And I know some people who've had very good luck
buying everything from places like newegg.com