Once upon a time, I loved SCSI.

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 19:32:01 EST 2005

"Andrew W. Gaunt" <quantum at lucent.com> writes:

> Several years ago we replaced EMC/Auspex boxes which were much
> more expensive. Additionally, the EMC/Auspex boxes were not maintainable
> without a support contract (proprietary hardware/software). The support
> contract alone cost us more annually than it did to purchase the new
> self maintained boxes.  That was several yearsago and we've not
> looked back.

Auspex, now there's a name I haven't heard in years!  Are they still
around?  Did they get bought, or go under?  They were nice systems,
but I was never convinced they were any faster than say, a NetApp.
And for the price, you could get 2+ NetApps and still have some of
your budget left :)
--

Seeya,
Paul