OASIS

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 00:01:01 EDT 2005

I am pleased to announce that I have accepted a position with the
OASIS[1] standards body in Billerica, MA.  If you are unfamiliar with
OASIS, they are a not-for-profit global consortium that drives the
development, convergence and adoption of e-business standards.  For
example, the OpenDocument format adopted recently by the Massachusetts
Government[2] is an OASIS standard.

OASIS uses FOSS[3] almost exclusively in it's infrastructure to
provide services to it's member technical committees.  I will be
working as a systems administrator and developer, with the mission to
ensure that those services are world-class.  I am excited about the
opportunity to bring even more Linux solutions to the table in order
to support their excellent work.

- Greg

[1] Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
Standards began in 1993 with early markup languages like SGML and XML
See http://www.oasis-open.org
[2] Massachusetts Supports OASIS OpenDocument in Final Reference Model
V3.5 http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2005-09-26-a.html
[3] Free and Open Source Software