Recommended DVD burner?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Oct 17 06:43:01 EDT 2005

A couple things to look for. I have an older Memorex Firewire/USB2 drive
that I love, but if I did it again I would have gotten a different one.

I think it's harder to find one tha doesn't support DVD+/-RW, but just
make sure you get one that does both + and -.

If you can get one that can change the book-type, do it. This allows you
to burn DVD+R(W) discs with the book-type DVD-ROM. This will remove any
media compatibility issues with stand alone DVD players if you are
burning video.

"Dual Layer" is what you're looking for if you want to burn 9gig discs.
I find the cost of the media to be to high currently, but it's a nice
feature to have later on. Beware of other buzzwords with the term "dual"
in them. Such as "Dual Format"