URL for network monitor shown at MerriLUG last night?

Heather Brodeur hbrodeur at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 13:11:02 EDT 2005

Ted Roche wrote:

> I missed the URL for the Network Monitor demo'ed at last night's
> MerriLUG meeting? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager/  has an explanation about
Network Manager, but links to an old version.  The new version can be
found at http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager/0.5/

> And someone (I missed his name) from Red Hat showed off the Network
> Monitor tool, a GNOME panel applet with the ability to learn and
> securely retain multiple wireless settings.

That was Christopher Aillon who is one of the maintainers/developers of
Network Manager. He told me that he would be willing to come back and do
a more formal presentation of it if we would like.

> And (was it Don?) was showing off FreeNX in the back of the room.

I did see a group of people clustered around Don's laptop, but I don't
know what they were doing.

Heather