[OT] NH protest against HP printers with RFID chips Nov. 5th

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Tue Oct 25 13:22:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 04:32:47PM +0000, kevin_d_clark at comcast.net wrote:

> > Please, explain to me how this is a threat.
>
> No, I will not for the following reasons:
>
> 1:  not relevant to this list.
>
> 2:  I am certain that conversing with somebody such as yourself
>     who has already made the value judgement to obtain an
>     EZ Pass will yield absolutely no results.
>
> 3:  I'm fairly confident that the web sites/FAQs offer explanations.
>
> 4:  I'll bet that you could find a better place to post your opinions/queries.
>

> I only responded to your email because of the gigantic falacy in your
> line of reasoning, which was basically:
>
>     I made a value judgement about <X>;
>     I don't understand why everybody else doesn't think
>     the way that I do.

Kevin, I don't think you're being fair.  I'm not arguing against your
position, I'm arguing against your non-response.

Travis may have made a judgment or he may have simply accepted a default
arrangement that adds value and convenience to his life or that has been
mandated by his employer(EZ_pass,and entry card)

Since most of the US population is making the same decision as Travis
you should take advantage of the opportunity to provide him with more
information and an alternate viewpoint.

He already stated that he looked at the web site you pointed to and it
did not seem to provide a description of the dangers of rfid technology.

I just looked at it as well and I have to agree.  There is no obvious
statement pointing out what the actual dangers of rfid tech are.  Just a
continuous message/statement about "dangers to privacy".

I find that message is no more credible than any random spin doctoring.

Can't you or the website provide an explicit detailed illustration or
scenario which clarifies exactly what the danger (or one of the dangers)
is?   A simple "what if" example is all that is needed.

> 1:  not relevant to this list.
Then you should not have mentioned it here in the first place. ;-)

--
speech recognition software may have been used in the composition of
this e-mail