Cari.net

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Sat Sep 3 20:10:00 EDT 2005

On Sep 3, 2005, at 10:02, Fred wrote:

> Just signed up with them after my current hosting service blew me off
> when I
> told them I needed my server rebooted -- my MONEY MAKING server
> rebooted.

If you have your own server, your hosting company _should_ have a web
control panel where you can go and cycle power on your server.  Also a
serial console.  I like that mine also has a Debian disc in the drive
that I can switch the BIOS to boot from if that goes down.  Cari.net
looks clueful, but I didn't see these basics listed (nice specs
though).

The less work they have to do the better they can do on price, and for
folks like us, the more we can do the better.  For those who want hand
holding, there are those managed hosting thingies...

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833