SEOs -- what's the prevailing attitude?

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Wed Sep 7 09:49:01 EDT 2005

Cole Tuininga wrote:

>My understanding is that search engines largely ignore meta tags these
>days.  Also, the whole white on white or black on black text idea
>actually *hurts* your ranking rather than helps it.

Could be.  I don't keep track of what works... just what's considered
abuse. (It' my job.)  What I can say is from my experience, frequend,
meaningful updates and new content relevent ot the web site's subject do
get you noticed by the search engines.  At least that's what I found
with my job hunt web site when I was looking for work.

Brian