howto demo website

Richard Soule richard.soule at oracle.com
Tue Sep 20 11:29:01 EDT 2005

Greg Rundlett wrote:
> Anybody have suggestions for good (free software) tools for recording
> and playing back a website demo?  I built an application that has a web
> frontend, and I want to record user interaction through the site so that
> I can do demonstrations of the application without requiring the live
> application.  Say for doing training, or documentation.

Not exactly free software, but...

Here at Oracle we use Qarbon Viewlet Builder. They do have a trial
version which will place a watermark into the Viewlet. Depending on your
audience that may or may not be acceptable. Viewlet Builder is supported
on Linux. It generates to Flash which is also viewable on Linux. I've
used it for a number of things and I've been very happy with it.

Some links:
http://www.qarbon.com/
http://www.qarbon.com/presentation-software/viewletbuilder/

Rich