Open source MRP/ERP?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 12:22:00 EDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Greg Rundlett <greg.rundlett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recall a company called Brunswick ...

  But you haven't used it, then, I take it.  Or know anyone who has.  :)

> http://www.ebizq.net/news/4919.html

  That reads like a press release to me... :)

>  I'm assuming that ERP searches on Freshmeat and Sourceforge don't reveal
> good projects?

  Same problem as with Google -- lots of hits, but I still have no
idea as to the real viability of a given project.

  I want to hear from people who actually use it.  Not the actual
project developers.  (Even the most honest programmer in the world is
going to be biased, because they know the code (I don't).)  Not a
columnist who spent a whole 30 minutes with the evaluation kit.  I
want to hear from people actually using it to get real work done, and
will have to attend to other things in addition to hacking on an ERP
system.  People in the same boat as me, in other words.  :-)

  It may be that there's nothing suitable out there (yet).

-- Ben