IT-type question

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:41:01 EDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Drew Van Zandt <drew.vanzandt at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1U or 2U?  We're leaning towards 2U because it lets us be more
> flexible, but would you have specific objections to something 2U?

  Like everyone else said, 1U is the way to go if possible.

> What would you be most interested in monitoring other than
> temperature/humidity/wetness?

  Well, what's the target market or application for this product?  I
want to monitor lots of things, but maybe they don't make sense in
your box.

  One thing I would definitely go for would be contact closure
sensors.  That is, they detect when a normally open relay closes, or
when a normally closed relay opens.  You can wire up all sorts of
things that way.

  In the same vein, remote controlled relays would also be useful.
You could, e.g., wire in the power and/or reset switches on your
servers that way.

  The power stats others have requested, one can usually get from a UPS.

-- Ben