CentraLUG, NEW LOCATION, August 7th (Monday). Open Mike! Q&A! Chat! Ubuntu! Stickers!

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Sun Aug 6 19:41:00 EDT 2006

The August 7th meeting of the Central New Hampshire Linux User Group
will be held at our NEW LOCATION: the Hopkinton Town Library, 61
Houston Drive, Contoocook, NH. It's a picturesque location with
plenty of space, power, wired Ethernet, kitchen facilities and more.
(Sorry, no alcoholic beverages) With luck, air conditioning this
time, too!

DIRECTIONS: From I-89: Exit 6. From the south: right at the end of
the ramp. From the north, left. Proceed 2 miles to Fountain Square,
stop sign. Left at the sign, over the stone bridge. Left/straight at
the fork immediately after the bridge; note that oncoming traffic has
the right of way!  Left onto Pine Street in 60 feet. Library entrance
is on the right a few hundred yards up the road. Feel free to double-
check these directions with Google:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=61+Houston+Drive,+Contoocook,
+NH&ie=UTF8&om=1

Same day as usual: First Monday, August 7th Time: 7 PM to 9 PM

Topic: Open Mike: Linux and FOSS Questions and Answers. Bring your
troublesome computer questions. Want to get FOSS into your school
system? Into your work? Let's discuss. Interested in future topics?
Fall planning: CentraLUG needs a new home. Ideas welcomed.

I had a batch of Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 LTS disks: 8 Intel x86, 1
64-bit x86, 1 Mac PowerPC, but brought them to the DLSLUG meeting and
they were all taken. If you have the desire for any of the Dapper
Drake distros (AMD 64, PowerPC, i386, SPARC), but lack the bandwidth,
drop me a line and I'll burn you a CD or DVD (please specify which!)
to deliver at a meeting. FREE! Also, a dozen stickers of "ubuntu:
linux for human beings" to decorate your laptop, car or place of
business with.

Hope to see you there. Free Admission! Open to the public! Tell your
friends!

NEXT MONTH: Our regular meeting night falls on the holiday
celebrating organized labor, so we'll avoid that meeting. Instead,
we'll celebrate Software Freedom Day with a daytime weekend meeting,
Saturday, September 16th, 10 AM to 2 PM at the Hopkinton Public
Library. members are encouraged to come and show off what you do with
Open Source software to an admiring public.  Details to follow.

Ted Roche