SUSE 10.1 install difficulty

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Mon Aug 7 15:32:00 EDT 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 3:03 pm, Michael Nolin wrote:
> I'm having some SUSE 10.1 install difficulty, I'm
> hoping a few users on this group may be familar with
> these problems.
Normally, there is a point where SuSE likes to boot the installation.
I have been installing SuSE since 5.1.

If you notice, when you boot the CD, it gives you choices to boot, the
installed system, install SuSE, rescue, and memory check.

Since you have done a partial installation, when restarting the
installation, enter the disk partitioner, and check your partitions,
because SuSE does not like to overwrite previous installations, even
Windows. Or, you can run qtparted under KNoppix or fdisk, and just delete
those partitions.

Make sure you watch what the installer is doing. I've seen a few cases where
it will fail to install an rpm because of a media error. This can be caused
by a problem with your CD reader or by bad media.

Note that the BLU is having an installfest a week from this Saturday, and I
will have a SuSE retail set with me.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group