Looking for an App for clipboard management...

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Wed Aug 23 17:32:01 EDT 2006

OK, I know I may be looking for something that doesn't exist, but...

I'm looking for an X11 application for clipboard management that...

* can save the list of clipboards or load a custom set on start
* does NOT run in a system tray or gnome/xfce/wm/kde dock/systray/etc
(eg: Not limited to only one window manager)
* can be sized to be out of the way... (like say, an inch or less wide
along one side of the desktop)
* can be configured to not automatically save a clipboard buffer to the
list....

Basically, what I'm envisioning is a window along one side of the
desktop with maybe a couple buttons or menus at the top and a list of
short names of buffer contents scrolling down from there.  I click a
name, highlighting the name, and the contents are sent to the X11
clipboard buffer.  I can then middle click in my document, pasting the
content there.

Is there such a beast?

...I'd write this myself... if I knew a language it could be done in.

Brian