librix (gentoo) runlevel service problems

Christopher Chisholm christopher.chisholm at syamsoftware.com
Fri Dec 15 09:52:02 EST 2006

Greetings,

I'm having a strange problem with Librix, which is a distro based on
Gentoo.  I have four custom services which i add to default runlevel
with rc-update.  viewing the runlevel information shows them in the
list.  I know the services work because I can start/stop/restart/status
on them and everything works fine.

Yet, when I reboot the system, even though they still show up as being
in the default runlevel (and are in the /etc/runlevels/default folder),
the services don't start.  I'm confused!  Any ideas?

-chris