Notebook Network Issues

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Wed Feb 8 10:10:01 EST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 06:42 pm, Thomas M. Albright wrote:
> I have an old Acer Extensa 368D notebook computer I want to use as my
> router. I installed Fedora Core 3 and everthing went fine. Or so it
> seemed ...
>
> The network *says* it's running, but I can't get out!

Just for kicks, have you verified that "/sbin/route" shows the way out?  Have
you tried to ping by IP address to anything on the local network? Have you
tried disabling any IPTables stuff that may be in the way?  "/sbin/iptables
-L" should just tell you that the three primary chains are all set to ACCEPT.

Other than that, the rest of the information requested by Ben would be
helpful.
-N